Infocenter - Upload questions
What uploading methods can I use?
You can use one of these two methods.
· Direct web upload
Direct web upload is useful for those who upload small batches of images occasionally. This is slower but it doesn't require any special software, you upload images only by your internet browser. While your images are uploading, you can’t leave the upload page but you can open Pixmac in different window and work as you wish.
· FTP upload
FTP upload is better for you if you want to upload images in larger quantities. Uploading is much faster but you need to use a special program (for example Total commander of Filezilla). You can work with uploaded images on Pixmac during the uploading process without limitation.
The last method is to save your images to a DVD, send your DVD to our address and we will upload your images for you. This method is designed especially for users without an internet connection (or with a slow internet connection). The minimum number of images required for this process is 300. You can send your DVD to this address Pixmac, Koněvova 141, Praha 3, 130 83, Czech Republic.
How does FTP work?
You need a special program for FTP uploading, for example Filezilla or Total Commander. You have to fill in some data before the first connection - the program can remember your data and it will use this data for future connections. You will find your login data for your account on http://www.pixmac.com/upload.
What are conditions for uploaded images?
First of all you are allowed to upload only images that you have the legal copyright to, meaning that you were the photographer. We have also some technical requirements:
- minimal size of the image is 3MPix
- format JPG (+ EPS, AI or SVG)
- RGB or sRGB (preferable) colorspace
- You must have a Model release for all pictures where faces are recognizable and a Property release where necessary. Model and Property releases must be uploaded with the picture before sending it for approval. Photos without a Model release or Property release where required will be returned to you. For more info see What is a Model release (MR) and when do I need it? Also see What is Property release (PR) and when do I need it?
- As to the subject, you can upload anything (except explicit pornographic and violent content). It just has to have quality composition, colors,lighting and the image must be sharp.
- The image cannot contain any trademarks or logos.
What formats do you support?
Currently we support only JPG format and EPS, SVG and AI formats for vector files. We recommend you to use EPS 10 for your vector files.
The image wasn't uploaded correctly. What happened?
There are several possibilities. Most often the reason is that the uploaded images don't meet our technical criteria: minimal size of 3Mpix, JPG, SVG, AI or EPS format and RGB or sRGB colorspace. You will get concrete specification in all these cases. There are also some other problems that can occur:
Object probably corrupted: This occurs most often when there is some internet connection failure during upload. In that case you will be able to upload these images again. If it doesn't help, please, contact us and describe your problem in detail.
The exact same file was already uploaded. You can't upload same object twice: You have most probably uploaded the same image before.
The image is too big: Currently we have size limit 30MPix (and its corresponding size in MB). If you have bigger images and want to upload them, please, contact us.
What images are most wanted by buyers?
Generally all images with people. Also business images (with people or concepts), backgrounds and object on white backgrounds.